Board of Directors
- Tara ThiagarajanManaging DirectorTara brings with her the keen mind of a scientist, with specialization in in neuroscience and complex system. She an interest in the application of cutting-edge science towards evolved human economic systems. At Madura, Dr Thiagarajan is focused on creating structures with the organization for intelligent capital delivery into the informal economy. This includes building a data excellence framework and a research driven analytical platform to expand product opportunities, manage risk and enhance cost efficiency.She has a B.A. in Mathematics from Brandeis University, an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University and a Ph.D. in Neuroscience from Stanford University.She has also been a postdoctoral scientist at the Center for Critical Brain Dynamics at the NIH and was a visiting Scientist at the National Center for Biological Sciences in Bangalore. She is a frequent Op-ed contributor to various publications including The Economic Times, Business Line and Entrepreneur magazine. Her publications can be found at www.ofmindandmoney.com
- F S Mohan EddyWholetime DirectorMohan is the enterprise architect with extensive experience in creating flourishing enterprises from the ground level up, across verticals from manufacturing to technology. The Enterprise Technology consulting practice that he recently he built recently scaled to $200 MM in revenues and is now part of Tech Mahindra. This is the legacy he brings to Madura.He employs this in-depth insight into leading Madura’s transformation into a next generation intelligent enterprise. His expertise lies in engineering and enabling high performance teams that can join the organization in its quest to achieve excellence. Mohan’s satisfaction comes from empowering and enabling human potential with training, technology and systems, and in expanding opportunity for large numbers of people.Mohan is also a gadget and technology buff and keeps us all on our toes with the latest and greatest. He holds a B.E in Mechanical Engineering from the College of Engineering in Guindy and a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from IIM Calcutta.
- George JosephChairman & Independent DirectorGeorge Joseph is an Independent Director of our Company. He holds a bachelor’s degree in commerce from the University of Kerala. He is a certificated associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers. He has also completed a banking diploma from the Institute of Bankers, London and is an associate of the same. He retired as Chairman and Managing Director of Syndicate Bank. He was associated with Canara Bank for a period of over 36 years and resigned as General Manager in 2006. He serves as a director on the boards of Wonderla Holidays Limited, Muthoot Finance Limited and ESAF Small Finance Bank Limited.
- Paolo BrichettiNon-executive DirectorPaolo Brichetti is a Non-executive Director in our Company. He has completed a course on international business at City of London Polytechnic. He is also the Founder, Chief Executive Officer and sole Executive Director of CAA since March, 2017. He was the Chief Executive Officer of CTM Altromercato Soc. Coop for a period of nine years. He serves as a director on the boards of CAA, PT Konsultasi Mikro Ventura, PT Bina Artha Ventura, CreditAccess Philippines Financing Company Inc., Holfinbi Limited and CAA Vietnam Trading Company Limited.
- N.C. SarabeswaranIndependent DirectorN.C. Sarabeswaran is a senior partner with the well-established audit firm Jagannath & Sarabeswaran in Chennai and currently serves on the board of GMR Energy Limited and Road Sector Companies of the GMR group where he is also Chairman of the Audit Committee. He has previously held board positions in a number of banks including the Vysya Bank and the Tamil Nadu Mercantile Bank, both as an RBI nominee and in an independent capacity. Sarabeswaran is the past President of Indo- Australian Chamber of Commerce, a bi-national Chamber headquartered in Chennai.He is also the primary Trustee of Veda Pati Nidhi Trust, a 25 year old Trust supporting more than two hundred old, indigent Pandits and runs two other family Trusts catering to needs of the underprivileged.This financial acumen is the value he adds to the Madura team.
- Ram Diwakar BoddupalliNon-executive DirectorRam Diwakar Boddupalli is a Non-executive Director in our Company. He holds a Masters’ degree in Commerce from Osmania University. He is a Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance and has also completed the Licentiate level examination from the Insurance Institute of India. He has more than 25 years of experience in the financial services sector. Prior to joining our Company in October 2011, he worked with Small Industries Development Bank of India, ICICI Bank Limited and at ACCION International. His prior work experience also includes a five-year stint with Life Insurance Corporation of India and around three years with IFMR Capital Finance Private Limited..
- Manoj KumarIndependent DirectorManoj Kumar has been an entrepreneur, investor, as well as a corporate leader with over three decades of experience in banking and financial technologies space. He has advised and invested in several fintech businesses and early state software start-ups in India and played leadership roles in the areas of Corporate Strategy, M&A, Product Management and R&D. He is also a senior advisor to Tata Trusts to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in India.
- Udaya Kumar HebbarNon-executive DirectorUdaya Kumar Hebbar is an Independent Director of our Company. He holds a bachelor’s degree in commerce from the University of Mysore and a master’s degree in commerce from Karnatak University, Dharwad. He is a certificated associate from the Indian Institute of Bankers and holds a diploma from Vanderbilt University. He has served as the Head, Commercial and Banking Operations at Barclays Bank PLC, Mumbai for three years. He also served at Corporation Bank for a period of over 10 years. He was also associated with ICICI Bank for over 11 years.
- M.V. SubbiahChairman NSDC and former Chairman and COO, Murugappa GroupM.V. Subbiah is the former Chairman and COO of the Murugappa Group of Companies. He has won several awards including the National HRD Award for his contributions to human resources development, an invaluable asset when it comes to creating a people-centric organization like Madura.He is presently the Chairman of the National Skills Development Council. the JRD Tata Corporate Leadership Award and recently the Padma Bhushan.
- Marti SubrahmanyamProfessor of Finance and Economics, Stern School of Business, NYUMarti Subrahmanyam is the Charles E. Merrill Professor of Finance and Economics at the Stern School of Business at New York University. He has published extensively on various topics relating to capital markets and is editor of a number of academic journals.This brilliant mind has been a consultant to a number of major investment banks and other financial institutions. He presently holds board positions with various companies including Infosys Technologies and ICICI Bank. He holds a B. Tech from IIT, Madras, a post graduate diploma in Business Administration from IIM, Ahmedabad and a Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.